Stop the Hollyweb! No DRM in HTML5.   

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

CHECKDB - A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database

Msg 0, Level 11, State 0, Line 0
A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.



I ran into a case where I had corrupted pages in my database. I had previously had this database on a SQL Server 2005 instance. When I ran CHECKDB in SSMS 2005, it returned info messages detailing the consistency errors. However, after restoring the database on a 2008 instance and running CHECKDB in SSMS 2008, I received the message above. At first, you get this, “What now!” feeling. Don't panic. If you go to the SQL error log, you’ll see the CHECKDB results. Be sure that you are running CHECKDB with the WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS option.

No comments:

Post a Comment